Saturday, July 02, 2005

Advanced techniques in Anger Management #1

Those who know me, will probably remember a meek, soft spoken, gentle natured guy who would even feel for stepping on grass, or eating meat for satisfying the palette ;-)
It had almost become become a habit for me not to express anger when it comes, but rather allow the storm to pass, and then think clearly and try to solve the problem. This helps greatly in maintaining important relationships, but sometimes made me feel like the closest human cousin of a spineless sea-cucumber !

Not anymore ! For the last few weeks, the force of anger repeatedly found weak points in the titanium crucible that contained it, and started to leak through the crevices and cracks. It would charge up slowly like a capacitor, and discharge as suddenly as a photographic flash- "tsinppp" . Within seconds the burst of light is gone, but the bad image rendered by the outburst was what is still visible to those on the receiving end -Definitely not the kind of image I would prefer others to have of me....

Last Sunday, I was caught up in a awfully messy situation, and was quickly spitting sparks of fury. Assertive words soon became aggressive action and that later manifested into uncontrollable Angry reactions. If only I had the defects of the cartoon character Hulk, I would have become greener that chlorophyll and given the Earth a Zidanish head-butt!

Fortunately the problem got solved on its own, and i was left with blood throbbing thru my temples, though fully knowing that the situation was under control.Being not used to getting so angry, even my voice crackled, vision blurred and i got even more angry with myself for what was happening to me!

It was about 5.30pm, when I walked out the bloody place and wanted to sit in some quiet seat and relax the nerves. Strangely, extreme anger is a bit like intense infatuation, and quickly to cause the blood sugar level to drop, and I felt ravenously hungry.

Entered the nearest restaurant, and acted cool, patient and talked very politely to the waiters. Browsed thru the menu card, my mind wasnt reading anything. Just went ahead , checked for availability and ordered my MOST favourite dish Panner Dosai, and special masala tea. Then the world turned upside down for the better, and the spirits rose higher, with every morsel of food that went down the oesophagus in peristaltic motion following simple rules of gravity.

I was starting to love it, and at the end of the first helping, I didnt think twice to order my other All-Time Favourite of thayir-Vadai for an extended evening snack session. By the time the yoghurt-soaked Indian salted donuts were safely nested within the mildly acidic linings of my stomach, I was back as the happiest and peace-loving soul that walked this planet. The world outside looked lovely and inviting and I was all set for a pleasant sunday evening....

So the next time, you intend to confess to me or do something silly that would surely attract rumbling thunderstorms in me, just make sure there is some form of eatery nearby. Even a fridge with ample stocks of cheese-cakes, indian sweets, tiramisu or icecream will be enough to formulate a adequate defense strategy !

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha. nice one dude.. I havent seen u angry ever, so just for the kick of it, i will irritate you when u come to dubai and in the end please you with some chocolates which increases ur bloodsugar level instantly :)

Anonymous said...

Well, this technique seems to be efficient too... But i wish you won't be angry too regularly!! Unless you make some physical activities after each anger crisis to avoid getting too fat ;) What about climbing the Sainte Victoire once again??

Nevertheless, we can recognize that Zidane's technique is cheaper...

cheers from munich
Puma

Rex Maximus said...

Can I assume the cause of your anger to be a mild variant of what is popularly known as oodal??

Divya said...

hehe..next time around , when i drive u red, would sure remember to send u some yummy pics of various cuisines...
seriusly,what else could I expect of a glutton:)

K Praveen Jayakar Thomas said...

hmm interesting machi, i've heard of other techniques like write every thing on a paper and burn the paper or go and kick or break something which will make you feel better. But this technique is the best of all. I want to get angry more....yummy yummmy :-)

Unknown said...

NICE READ OUT!
I understand why you got angry? It should be hungry not angry!!!
Hi hi hi hi....